CLOUGH PIKE ELEMENTARY
808 Clough Pike, Cincinnati, OH 45245
Student Hours: 9:00 AM - 3:00PM
Principal: Kevin S. Thacker
Secretary: Dewilda Little
Total Enrollment: 550
School designation: Excellent with Distinction
Percentage of minority students: 7%
Economically Disadvantaged: 26%
Attendance rate: 96.3%
CLOUGH PIKE ELEMENTARY MISSION STATEMENT
Clough Pike Elementary School’s mission is to ensure all students achieve academic excellence in a safe environment supported by parents and the community.
The community, students, parents, and staff envision schools where all students are engaged in learning at high levels. We see our 21st century schools as exciting and challenging places where students enthusiastically participate in learning experiences that are facilitated by well-prepared and committed educators.
- I care about others
- I organize for success
- I use time wisely
- I give my best effort
- I act in a safe manner
- I respect myself, others, and property
- We will build effective relationships with students, parents, and the community.
- We will communicate to students they are important and valued and we will not let them fail.
- We will communicate to students why the work they do is important and use all available resources to engage students in learning.
- We will define and model lifelong learning for our students and ourselves by committing to ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
- We will collaborate with one another and our students so that we can achieve our collective goals more effectively.
- We will identify essential learning outcomes, assess student understanding and provide opportunities for students to demonstrate mastery.
- We will be results oriented and data driven.
- We will continue to read and study equity issues in education and the broader society and apply our learning to the work we do with children, using the four agreements and six conditions as a framework for understanding.
CLOUGH PIKE ELEMENTARY:
Serves children from Preschool through Fifth grade. There are twenty-one classrooms, including four Preschool sections and four Kindergarten. Learning outcomes for students are aligned with Ohio’s New Learning Standards. Created by teachers, parents, education experts and others from across the country, these learning standards provide clear, consistent expectations for what students should be learning at each grade in order to be prepared for college and career. To see specific learning outcomes in reading and mathematics by grade level, please see the Ohio PTA Parent Guides.
Provides special education support for qualifying students in an inclusive environment. Teams of special education teachers and regular education teachers collaborate and serve students with identified special needs. We offer programs for students who are learning disabled, developmentally handicapped, orthopedically handicapped, and those with social communication needs. Additionally, Speech and Language therapy, Occupational therapy, and Physical therapy are offered to those students who qualify.
The Response to Intervention process is followed when students are struggling at school. The goal of the Response to Intervention is to identify an action plan that will improve the student’s academic, behavioral, or social skills. Based on data collected in the classroom, teachers may provide automatic interventions and document these on a Tier 2 intervention form. If a more intensive, individualized plan is needed, the teacher will schedule a Tier 3 meeting with parents and other support personnel, as needed. A collaborative plan will be developed at the meeting with parent input. Parental involvement is a very important part of this process.
PTO is very active, hosting skating parties, fundraisers such as our Walk-A-Thon, financial support for field trips, art & music programs, bringing technology in our classrooms, as well as a host of other support during the year.
Works with different organizations in the community which include: Recycling for a Cause Pull Tab collection for the Ronald McDonald House, Jump Rope for Heart to support the American Heart Association, Save Lives Be An Organ Donor Program, Penny Wars to raise money for Juvenile Diabetes.